Tuesday, January 13, 2015

April 2014: Here Comes the Sun

 Sunny's eagerly awaiting her first loose tooth: a great check up!
Uncle Brothers and Uncle Scott came to say hi...
 
And Sunny enjoyed her Baby Honu book with perfect pronounciation.


Buddies: Popo & Sunny Bump



 Just when the cold rains get me down, April in Portland does something wonderful: like this!
 It was an awesome show, as always - Sunny's 1st Cirque and she fell asleep within the first 30 minutes.  It was SO loud, but she was totally out.
 After school, Sunny likes to zoom over for a final dramatic goodbye to her friends Olivia and Lola - through the bars.
 Spring has come at last.

 Happy Birthday to my favorite: He's 39 and never been better!


Day tripping to our cabin with Kelly, Sean and Grandma & Grandpa was fun, though a bit chilly/wet.
 Happy Easter, Timothy bunny! We think she has friends in magic places.

 A sunny Easter - can you believe it?  Check out those supersize duck eggs.


 Max and Sunny build a beautiful arbor for me.  I've never seen someone stir concrete wearing a tutu.
 Someone's thrilled to be riding this old pony - much different from the Sauvie Island freak-out experience a while back.

 Let's hit the road: Sunny, Adam and Carolyn on Max's scooter.
 Yes, I really did this. I feel bad about it. I just lost patience with the elastic ponytail band and cut it out... (along with half of my pony tail.)
Max's explanatory post-it really "made" this discovery for me.  I found this exhibit on the kitchen counter.  I'd been out that night, and everyone was asleep when I came home.  Sheesh. Can't leave these people alone! The next day Max told me he'd noticed hair on the floor leading to the garbage can in the kitchen.  He followed the trail and gathered it into a pile as he went. He looked in the can and found a big clump - "evidence of everything, the most open and close CSI case you can imagine."  So, he took the pile in his hand and held it behind his back as he asked Sunny, "Is anything going on with your hair?" She gave him the strangest expression he'd ever seen - it was somewhere between electrocution and realizing you just bit into a rock in your sandwich. Then she smoothly regained her composure: "Oh, well yes, Daddy. I had a little tangle so I got it out with my scissors."  She knew it was wrong.  He said, "Please don't do it again." She immediately took the olive branch: "Oh, I won't, Daddy. 'Definitedly.' I'll never do it again."  Meanwhile, the 80s rock mullet is back. Can't keep an iconic style down, can we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.