
We've been busy with my sister moving in with us to help with Sunny and work part time, and with Grandma and Grandpa's visit. There was even a night when Papa, Omi, and Uncle Scott were with all of us, too. Sunny rode the bus for the 1st time to downtown PDX on Monday with me and "Nauntie." She loved the movement, and she was wide eyed, alert and smiley at all the people and scenery flying by the windows. I don't know how moms use the bus and their stroller at the same time - I was lucky to have Kelly's help when it was time to get on and off. You're supposed to collapse your stroller and carry your baby on. With my third and fourth arms, I'm sure I could handle that.
Sunny rolled over for the 1st time, too. Nauntie was watching her on Tuesday and had her propped up a bit for tummy time. It's good for developing the crawling muscles/skills. Sunny rolled onto her side, paused, and then rolled onto her back. She did it twice. Max and I are excited to see it ourselves.
Yesterday was my first full day of dropping Sunny off with "Popo" (Max's mom) while I worked. It was really tough to drive away from my baby knowing it would be 8 hours till I'd see her again. It helped that she was smiling and cooing when I left her. I later heard that Sunny did great for most of the day, but she missed us and got a little fussy. When Max and I came to meet her at Corinne's soccer game (Corinne made the JV team @ Cleveland High School!), she saw me and got all rigid in Auntie Jodie's arms. She did this little anxious arm waving thing till I picked her up. It felt so good to actually see her express that she missed us! It's SO special that Sunny gets to see her extended family so often. She is surrounded by loving fans.
More pics to come soon.
Love to read about updates. Can't wait to see her. Let me know when you're heading to Canby.
ReplyDeleteRagna
how cute are these pics?! with the little leaf in her toes :)
ReplyDeletegood job on the rolling, sunny! can't wait to see you guys sunday am!
Oh, she is growing so very fast. I wish I was closer and available to watch her as well. What a cutie she is. Glad that you made it through your first week back to work. Miss you three.
ReplyDelete