Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sunny Kalona Lee Kwai!

We're coming up on 29 weeks into this adventure. According to Babycenter.com (the source of this picture), our little daughter now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Look at the size of the baby in there! Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain.
We're strongly leaning toward the name Sunny Kalona Lee Kwai. Kalona is the Hawaiian version of my mom's name, Sharon.
Our daughter is a busy explorer. She cruises around her world-bubble all day and night. Her newest habit is trying to peek around the corner--she'll get all bunched up on my side, like she really wants to see behind us. Crazy. This move makes my tummy look like a half-deflated volleyball, and it feels even stranger than it looks.
My stomach is OUT there, and it keeps getting me in trouble. At the grocery store yesterday, I went to slip between a grocery cart and the vitamin shelves, and I got STUCK! My back was against the folic acid and my front was wedged against the cart handle and seat. It was embarrassing--If I'd known I didn't have enough clearance, I'd have patiently waited for the cart's owner to wheel it aside. She was standing right there, after all. I must have looked really pushy, or like I was in a big hurry. I just grinned at the cart's lady and said, "Sorry, I didn't realize I'm too big to pass through!" or something like that. I'm thundering around and bumping into things like never before. When you're a bit of a klutz anyway, adding weight and volume to the mix really does a number on your spacial awareness. I can't easily see my pants fly anymore, so "buttoning" jeans with a rubber band (looped around the button--instant expansion) is something I need to do blindly.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful name! so cheerful.

    thanks for the update! brings back great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good writer you are. These are going to be treasures as Sunny grows up. I love the name and how honoring to your Mom!
    Love, Omi Kim

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.