Monday, December 21, 2009

Celebrating with Nauntie

I'm sitting in the cozy new play pen (I mean, play YARD) on a nice foam pad with my little helper. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa - we opened this one early because we were excited!

I'm uploading more photos while working to keep her from pounding the keys off the laptop. She's a powerful banger these days, and very assertive, too. When I leave the room, Sunny screams with frustration. She's super aware of where I am at all times, which is often flattering but sometimes hard.

She is so close to crawling...she pushes off things (like my leg) with her feet when she's on her tummy, and she's comfortable with the rocking-forward-to-sprawl-on-her-tummy motion.
She's still a non-napper. 6-month-olds are reportedly sleeping for 3 1/4 hours twice a day...what?! Sunny naps for about 30 minutes 4 times throughout the day. But since she's awake (and almost always smiling), we just enjoy more of her company thanks to her high-energy schedule. She is a busy, curious, delightful little buddy. Sunny gets sassy at Slappy Cakes.
Max and Brooklyn, now 2 months old and as sweet as ever.
Worn out and sleeping by the time we finished our breakfast...
At some point Sunny's little lightening birthmark could fade, and I'll miss it. She's like a tiny Harry Potter.
Great times with our breakfast crew: Max, Sunny, Scott, Jon, Tyson, Brooklyn, Holly, Kelly, me, Amy and Rob.
Sunny helped with Christmas wrapping by cheering me on from this office crate.
Can you tell these two have the same birthday? This is my favorite picture of Scott and Sunny.
We celebrated an early Christmas with Nauntie, who's headed to CA for the holiday.
Sunny loves sparkly tissue paper. This is quite the delighted, "For me?!" pose.
I hope Nauntie's card tasted as good as it looked.
A Sunshine Bear pillow for Nauntie's little buddy. So special.
Sunny fell in love with the soft colors.
Trying to put her mouth on the camera - where everything is destined these days.
We put up Sunny's growth chart, a cool redwood tree. She's at the 2'1" mark , which I hope is sort of accurate. It's hard to prop her up straight-she's shaped like a jelly bean.
So excited to grow...she's growing so fast, too. Each day, she has new sounds and skills.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful entry and pictures!! I love getting a window into your world and the latest on Sunny. Even though we saw her twice last week, I never tire of reading about her and all the changes. You and Max are awesome parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting me so so so excited to snuggle with her, hope she's not too afraid of this strange auntie stealing her away! I agree with Omi, you and Max are the most radest(if that's even a word) parents...what an incredible life she'll lead, so full of adventure! What's up with the red little paws in the last pic??? See you in a few more sleeps!
    Love, Auntie Jes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't look at that cute Sunny girl enough.....She is absolutely precious and has the most serene little face.
    Merry Christmas...
    Ragna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, gals! Sunny's red hand is from signing her first Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.